Sunday, May 27, 2007

Campioni d'Europa

And there we go again!

Milan is the winner of the Champions' League! hehe
I know, it was not a great match, but sometime it does not matter, important to win, no matter how!
It was crazy, we saw it an a bar (without air conditioning, oh my god) and then we went to the main square, to Piazza Duomo, where I have seen something incredible: thousands of people celebrating, millions of bottles of champagne and beer on the ground, private fireworks, people singing... It was impressive!

But let this be enough of football for now. I would instead tell how my week went! It was crazy. from Monday to Friday, I went out every given evening! I did not have the opportunity to go to the supermarket to buy food (indeed, on Saturday I found nothing in the fridge...)
Milan, and its 'aperitivo's killing me. Somehow, after work, I really like to go for 'a' drink and relax, talk to people, share opinion about life.

On thursday I had the year closing aperitivo of Bocconi's marketing department, where I was invited as an 'ex-student'. I had so much fun, and saw so many of my old friends, and actually met some new people! I always got amazed how Bocconi students are international and each of them have some amazing story of their lives!

On Friday we had one those usual work aperitivos (seems like I am good at orginizing those :-) and now we were quite a few people there. And even though this is not the first time, again, I was shocked, to understand my colleagues background, and I keep asking myself, 'what the hell these people doing here?'. These people could work for a big company, filling in very important position, having a lot of power and earning hell lot of money. And, instead, they are working at Bocconi. I have difficulties believing there are so many stupid people as me :-)
Anyways, they are excellent people, and cant believe, that after 5 places of work, finally i found such a nice group of colleagues! (yes, I had nice colleagues before too, and made many many friends of them, but as a group, this is far the best!).
On the other hand, I am a bit disappointed... I do not expect too much from a workplace. Just some things. But those few things I WANT TO HAVE!
I feel an enormous need for traveling. I feel like stuck here. I feel like getting shaded in the grayness. I feel old. I feel lost in one place... It is not me. Indeed, today, I booked two tickets! I am going home in the end of june, and I also booked my ticket for my summer holiday, from 11 august to 26 august. The latter one is a bit particular, as the holidays have not been fixed at work yet. And as far as I understood, it might just not be fixed for a long time. So I dont give a shit, I have my holiday fixed now, and hell I am going on holiday on those days!

And yet, I am soooooo nostalgic about Spain. I am wondering, how the hell I could have thought that coming back to Milan will be the best for me. (dont misunderstand, I have a certain fun over here, but missing something). I realize, that I am reading the Spanish newspaper more and more often online and I am realizing, I have not been there for 10 months now! Indeed, as soon as I am getting a bit stable financially, I am going back for a short trip, because I need to breathe some Spanish air! ... I cannot believe that I did not stay...

This week I am going to work only 3 days! on Thursday an Friday I am having my obligatory 'one month' break (yes, in two days!) required by Bocconi policies if you are switching contract (as I am switching from internship to full time employee). So I will have two days to take of administrative stuff (time for me to change my Italian residency) and do some serious shopping of clothes. And, finally, on Wednesday night I can go out and party until dawn! :-)

Btw, I have been writing my blog for a year time now!! I have left 69 posts (hmm, what a coincidence, hehe) which is more than one a week!! And have had 1465 post views from all around the word (this is you guys!). But what is amazing, it also works like a diary. I have just seen what I was writing a year ago! things like: 'I know Milan sucks and Spain better, but I still have to go back'... and 'This job opportunity at Bocconi is really interesting'... To be honest, after one year, and now that my birthday is getting quite close, I am starting to see how this one past year just flied away!!! it really did! And it was amazing! The first 6 months were about having fun, and traveling like hell, but also about having uncertainty which was killing me. The last six months were about getting back to my beloved city, to my place, to re discover Milan, and to realize what working life is... Life is sooo weird...

an old favorite of mines:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

  • SuperCool Portugues Reggae band!
  • Dictionary
  • Mktg & Adv!
  • Sudoku
  • Answers
  • YouTube
  • Hungarian Old TV Ads
  • Corriere
  • Gazzetta
  • Dictionary
  • Translator
  • MapQuest
  • ViaMichelin
  • FM 105
  • Lounge Online
  • Online radio stations
  • Mix FM
  • IWIW
  • SXC Photos
  • SEO portal
  • Pic dictionary
  • Smart phrases
  • BRN
  • Hangman